[linux-audio-dev] Re: Gigasampler Clone

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Gigasampler Clone
From: Richard A. Smith (ras2_AT_tant.com)
Date: Sun Jul 02 2000 - 20:22:50 EEST

>need to be damn sure you can win that case... In the future, when
>contemplating patent infringement, it would be wise to not mention it to
>anyone, or keep any evidence that you knew the patent existed. Fscking
>lawyers.

Yeah.. I guess that was a little "high and mighty" of me to pronounce
judgement on the patent. I must have been reading too much Richard
Stallman stuff lately. Probally regret that remark later on.

Anyway I am going to have a friend of mine who IS a patent lawyer read it
tell me what he thinks rather than just speculation.

If at all possible I would like to write things in such a way as to not
infringe on the patent however after reading the patent it seems to me
that anything remotely close to giga functionality will infringe

--
Richard A. Smith    ras2_AT_tant.com
"I'd hang out with science kids - they can blow things up!