Re: [linux-audio-dev] Gigasampler Clone

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Gigasampler Clone
From: Jörn Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang.uni-essen.de)
Date: Mon Jul 03 2000 - 22:17:04 EEST

[off topic]

Paul Barton-Davis wrote:

> >eg. PBD making a new single-HIT (which gets in the top20) using Maurizio's
> >homebrew disk-based sampler ?
> >:-)
>
> We have these things called "Advanced Directives" or "Living Wills" in
> the US, where you can specify what approaches to medical treatment you
> want applied in the event of you becoming chronically and fatally ill.
>
> Mine says "Should I ever make anything which gets to be in the top 20
> of any chart in any country, you are authorized to shoot me on sight."
>
> --p (an elitist at heart)

ok, i also prefer artful music over most charts junk, but never
underestimate the slashdot effect :)

slap a penguin sticker on the cover, and you may well sneak a
twelve-tone composition onto the mass market.

(my guess is you could even make big cash with a post-serialism
string quartet, provided you make people believe you're an internet
startup and sell it on nasdaq.)

so paul, watch what you are saying, i'd hate to lose you >;->

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Kurfürstenstr. 49