Re: [linux-audio-dev] ppc linux audio (was:re: thanks for you inputs...)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ppc linux audio (was:re: thanks for you inputs...)
From: David Olofson (david_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Sat Jul 08 2000 - 05:56:06 EEST

On Tue, 27 Jun 2000, Iain Sandoe wrote:
[...]
> I'm trying to make a start on the linuxppc audio stuff..
> as with the x86 side - there is little response/apparent interest on the
> linuxppc-dev list ...
>
> How many of you are there out there - lurking for a PPC LAD/ALSA solution?

I'm probably going to build yet another x86 based workstation
(933 Coppermine, 133 MHz SDRAM), but I've been considering getting
something with *real* CPUs ever since the Alpha AXP workstations had
their first price/performance battle with x86 based "pro"
workstations. PPC G4 looks very interesting. Any hot news in this
area?

//David

| A Free/Open Multimedia | | Audio Hacker |
`------------> http://www.linuxdj.com/mucos -' | Open Source Advocate |
| Rock Solid Low Latency Signal Processing | | Songwriter |
`---> http://www.angelfire.com/or/audiality -' `-> david_AT_linuxdj.com -'