Re: [linux-audio-dev] Newbie question

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Newbie question
From: Paul Winkler (slinkp23_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 10 2000 - 18:11:14 EEST

Luis Pablo Gasparotto wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I´m a newbie in Linux Audio and I want to ask you some questions:
>
> 1) Wich´s the windows latency?
> 2) Advantages and disadvantages of RTLinux ? How it works? Differences
> between Linux and RTLinux?
> 3) Why Ingo´s patches don´t go to mainstream? Is there other possible
> solution to real time in Linux?

See the FAQ for this mailing list, at:
http://www.linuxdj.com/audio/lad/faq.php3

And the links section:
http://www.linuxdj.com/audio/lad/links.php3

And some articles on Linux Musicstation:
http://www.crosswinds.net/~linuxmusic/lowlatency2.html
http://www.crosswinds.net/~linuxmusic/lowlatency.html

I think you will find answers to everything except #1, which varies
a LOT from one application to another. It apparently depends on how
much work the application designers did to get around the operating
system.

--
slinkP arts:   music, sound, illustration, design, etc.