Re: [linux-audio-dev] disk-based realtime sampler prototype released ! please try it.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] disk-based realtime sampler prototype released ! please try it.
From: Richard A. Smith (rsmith_AT_bitworks.com)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 17:24:27 EEST

On Thu, 13 Jul 2000 00:41:29 +0200, Benno Senoner wrote:

>(how should we call it ? linuxsampler , linuxhdsampler ?
>any ideas ?

Actually, Mike Baily came up with a name. "Evoloution" Of course the Helix people already
have a project called that. After I told him that he thought about it and came up with
"Evo: The evoloution of sampling".

I kinda like 'Evo'... short and kinda catchy.

A little more info on that topic. I went over to see Mike B. 2 days ago so he could show
me what he came up with for a feature list. I expected a simple list of generic vague
features. What I got was a 27MB worth of Word 2000 documents where he basically built the
UI in Word. Complete with colored buttons and bitmaps. Click on a button and it loads up
a entirely new document for that screen. Plus he gave me detailed verbage on how he would
like each feature to operate. His project scope is HUGE with tons of cool features.
Basically he took the stuff he liked from all the programs he has used and then threw in a
bunch of stuff he wished they would do... Thus the evoloution theme.

Anyway...I currently have him distilling the interface and features down into text. (or at
least HTML) so that I can post it here for RFCs. Also I am trying to get him to re-do the
UI into HTML as well so I can set it up on a web page somewhere for everyone to comment on.

>How many are interested in contributing to this project ?

At least 3. Count me and Mike Baily in.

--
Richard A. Smith                         Bitworks, Inc.
rsmith_AT_bitworks.com               501.846.5777