Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: disksampler ...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: disksampler ...
From: Richard A. Smith (rsmith_AT_bitworks.com)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 21:44:57 EEST

On Thu, 13 Jul 2000 20:06:39 +0200, Benno Senoner wrote:

>So the gnome folks and KDE folks can not wait forever for our soundserver
>model. (and applications can not be forced to adopt ir)
>
>I think that meanwhile , the GNOME and KDE folks should continue to use their
>existing soundservers or develop their own ones, but they will not fullfill our
>requirements.

I don't know too much about esound or whatever KDE uses but if they are designed with enough
modularity they should just be API calls right? So concevably it should be possible to take
thier respective sound deamons and replace all the guts with our sound server. implementing
our model with out them even knowing the difference. Thats what an API is for isn't it?

I realise that in reality is will be a little more difficult... Seems prudent that we should
include the people who are developing esound and the KDE sound API in our discussions.
Perhaps we can avoid (or at least minimize) any potential nastyness.

--
Richard A. Smith                         Bitworks, Inc.
rsmith_AT_bitworks.com               501.846.5777