Re: [linux-audio-dev] Realtime restrictions when running multiple audio apps .. Was: Re: disksampler ...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Realtime restrictions when running multiple audio apps .. Was: Re: disksampler ...
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 15:33:38 EEST

>From: Benno Senoner <sbenno_AT_gardena.net>
>
>I admit that I haven't tested aRts yet, but I've read much of the docs on the
>website. I am in no way bashing Stephan's efforts.

I though aRts *is* doing all audio tasks, and don't have the problem
of "15 SCHED_FIFO threads all fighting for the CPU, and the 5 audiothreads".

But what you wrote looks very good to me. Any RT audio of an application
should be run in a plug-in, and basically there cannot be audio streams
between the application and the RT plug-in. (Some exceptions can be allowed
but not as much as Esd does.)

Juhana