[linux-audio-dev] Synth sounds?

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Synth sounds?
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Sat Jul 15 2000 - 13:59:34 EEST

Hello. I would like to have some high quality synth sound samples
and would like to know where to obtain them from the net. I would
like to have original sample libraries of known synths because:
 -I don't want ripped-from-songs samples, nor loops
 -Samples converted from a synth to another are most often converted
  wrong (sample may have been cutoff because the particular synth doesn't
  support that long samples, sample may have been resampled, requantized,
  normalized, sample may have lost filter parameters, etc.)

I have seen both two cases, and that is why I would like to have only
known-to-be-original synth samples. Some good set of basic samples:
percussions, strings, flutes, etc. would do fine. I would not like
to go through all samples found from the net just to find out they are
what I don't want.

Also, I would like to have a library routines for handling most known
sample formats so that I would not have to convert those samples to yet
another format.

Regards,

Juhana