[linux-audio-dev] disksampler 0.03 released, several fixes (non-blocking MIDI,ALSA,..)

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] disksampler 0.03 released, several fixes (non-blocking MIDI,ALSA,..)
From: Benno Senoner (sbenno_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Sat Jul 15 2000 - 14:25:22 EEST

Hi,

thanks to Chris which pointed out the problems with ALSA (I can't touch my box
for now therefore I have to live with OSS/free for a while),
I fixed all the issues from the CHANGELOG:

version 0.0.3

- made non blocking MIDI input the default since ALSA seems to not support it
  (but you can still revert to blocking mode using the --midiblocking option)

- fixed a BUG (lazyness) in the audio write code: ALSA requires that you
  write a multiple of fragmentsize while OSS does not care.
  This required the dynamic adjustment of the BUFFER_GRANULE variable

- fixed a small bug which wasted some CPU when the disk stream reached
  EOF

get it here:
http://www.gardena.net/benno/linux/linuxsampler.tar.gz

no new features so far but I have a nice layering/crossfading scheme in mind,
will post more about this in a separate mail

PS: Chris let me know if it work of for you.

Benno.