[linux-audio-dev] Re: disksampler 0.03 released, several fixes (non-blocking MIDI,ALSA,..)

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Re: disksampler 0.03 released, several fixes (non-blocking MIDI,ALSA,..)
From: Chris Baugher (baugher_AT_enteract.com)
Date: Sun Jul 16 2000 - 03:10:01 EEST

On Sat, 15 Jul 2000, Benno Senoner wrote:

> PS: Chris let me know if it work of for you.
>
> Benno.

The new version works great! The midi errors are gone and the response
time seems good to me. It works much better when I set the fragment size
to 256. With a fragment size of 128 I can't switch consoles while the
program is running. The sound will distort like it's clipping or
something.

CPU usage is fairly low, only about 15% with me laying on the keyboard.
OTOH the hard disk goes nuts! Of course it's old and slow so that's to be
expected.

So... cool! What's next?

Chris|