Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: EVO-Linux Physical Modeling HD Sampler

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: EVO-Linux Physical Modeling HD Sampler
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 00:06:10 EEST

>From: Juhana Sadeharju <kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi>
>
>>From: Benno Senoner <sbenno_AT_gardena.net>
>>
>>No K2000 here , but webpointers and/or a detaliled description about the
>>structure should give us some insight
>>Are they available somewhere ?.
>
>ftp://ftp.youngchang.com/pub/Kurzweil/Pro_Products/
>
>Look at every directory because latest K2600 directory don't have
>the Algorithmic Reference (which is superb). Manuals can be found
>from there too.

Continuing my previous mail which escaped too early...

>>each envelope is an arbitrary succession straight lines

We should write a separate library for envelopes because they are needed
everywhere. Such library should be usable from graphical editor and from
audio engine.

Using many lines for approximating the often needed exponential envelopes
could work, but it might be more efficient to do the same mathematically.
Thus exponential envelopes (line in decibel scale) should be allowed.

Juhana