Re: [linux-audio-dev] MidiShare Linux

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] MidiShare Linux
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Wed Jul 19 2000 - 06:22:03 EEST

>MidiShare is a multi-platforms musical operating system developed
>since 1989 b y the Grame's Computer Music Research
>Laboratory. Originally developed on the Macintosh, then adapted to
>different platforms, it is now available on GNU/Lin ux since a few
>time under the LGPL license.

I want to encourage everyone on the list (especially Benno) who is
interested in using lock-free data structures to take a look at
MidiShare. The folks at GRAME (Yann, Stephan and Dominic) have done a
*MUCH* more thorough job in this area that anyone on this list, as far
as I can tell. The only downside I can see in some of their work is
that it uses assembler for the lock-free fifo's.

--p