[linux-audio-dev] OSS emulation on top of NAS - beta test

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] OSS emulation on top of NAS - beta test
From: Erik Inge Bolsų (knan_AT_mo.himolde.no)
Date: Wed Jul 19 2000 - 03:04:20 EEST

Greets.

I've released the first public test version of my libaudiooss library. It
allows you to transparently redirect OSS audio output to a NAS server, in
the vein of esddsp.

It works with all soundplaying programs I use on a regular basis
(being mikmod, mpg123, vice and trplayer)

Notable shortcomings: heavily multithreaded programs tend to
die. (Realplayer, for one, though the command-line trplayer works
fine) And, for the time being, it is output-only. No recording or
full-duplex. I'm sure you'll be able to find more faults :-)

Download at: http://www.mo.himolde.no/~knan/linux.html

Test, have fun, find ( & preferably fix ) bugs :-)

In case it matters: It is GPL'ed.

I'm not currently subscribed to LAD or soundserver_AT_xfree86.org, so CC: any
replies to me, please. Flames redirected to /dev/null .

--
Erik I. Bolsų | email: <knan at mo.himolde.no>