[linux-audio-dev] sound/gui interaction

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] sound/gui interaction
From: douglas irving repetto (douglas_AT_roar.music.columbia.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 20 2000 - 18:52:55 EEST

hi there linux-audio-dev from a new subscriber,

i'm working on a linux sound app. my signal processing loop runs in its
own thread. whenever i do a full drawing update of my GUI, i get a
glitch in the sound output. my CPU usage goes up during the redraw, but
not very much. does anyone know what's happening and how i can avoid it?
i would think that doing the graphics and the sound in seperate threads
would shield the one from the other, but apparently that's not the case.
is this an XWindows issue perhaps?

thanks,
douglas

--