Re: [linux-audio-dev] MTC, SMPTE, etc.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] MTC, SMPTE, etc.
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 18:11:18 EEST

Iain Sandoe wrote:

> I use the facility built into the OpCode studio-4 midi interface (hence my
> interest in getting Linux drivers for it :-)

My impression so far is that it'll be a cold day in hell before we see
any Linux support for OpCode stuff. As I'm sure you know, OpCode's
assets are owned by Gibson. That company has basically gutted the
OpCode/Music Quest line, and I can't even get a spec sheet from them (no

I'm trying to find David Rowe, he was prez of Music Quest before they
went to OpCode. Also, there's an initiative to convince Gibson to come
off of the stuff they're sitting on but I don't recall that address. I
don't think the initiative has much of chance for success. Bummer, I
really like my Music Quest card.

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        http://www.bright.net/~dlphilp/index.html