Re: [linux-audio-dev] Theater Sound FX with Linux [was Re: playing three sources at one time]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Theater Sound FX with Linux [was Re: playing three sources at one time]
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Sat Jul 22 2000 - 01:44:38 EEST

>From: David Olofson <david_AT_gardena.net>
>
>On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
>> has anyone used a linux box for theater sound effects ?
>> i think this might be a very useful thing. it should feature
>> "instant play", i.e. buffer the beginnings (ok, i know some shithead
>> has patents on that) and mix an arbitrary number of samples of
>
>EVO?

Is it Vaporware?

I found an Usenet article from Deja about this instant play feature,
dated two years earlier than the patent. Disksampler might still be
patented but not the cue player. By the way, a friend wrote such cue
player at early '90 for two public halls...

We are not a very far from what you ask.

Check also "http://www.preco.co.uk/360.htm" for commercial instant player.

Juhana