Re: [linux-audio-dev] latencytest 0.42 with PNG support released

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] latencytest 0.42 with PNG support released
From: David Olofson (david_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Wed Jul 26 2000 - 19:49:15 EEST

On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, Benno Senoner wrote:
[...]
> The 2.2.16-lowlatency RPM I posted today works great,

I'm just downloading it. I'll also try the latest 2.4 stuff.

> and, I stressed the disksampler for this purpose:
>
> PII400 + 256MB RAM
>
> - started a small app which mlocks 128MB and then sleeps
> for infinite time, in order to increase the memory pressure.
> - my usual 10 xterms , 10-15 netscape windows , kmail
> - compilation of the 2.4-test kernel
> - find /
> - about 60MB of ulilized swapaea
>
> disksampler was running with 35MB of mlocked mem
>
> and I tried my usual triggering of 20 voices (my MIDI keyboard
> does not seem to be able to manage more than 20 active notes)

What about sustain pedal support? ;-) (That's a controller, so you
need to do it in the sampler.) I have 88 keys + pedal here - but
I doubt that my 20 GB 7200 rpm drive can deal with it without relying
on the chache. *hehe*

> I hoped at least that the disk stream dropped out
> (256KB buffers = 3sec latencies per track), but no I was unable
> to generate the "associated stream not ready" message.

Looks great! :-)

//David

| A Free/Open Multimedia | | Audio Hacker |
`------------> http://www.linuxdj.com/mucos -' | Open Source Advocate |
| Rock Solid Low Latency Signal Processing | | Songwriter |
`---> http://www.angelfire.com/or/audiality -' `-> david_AT_linuxdj.com -'