Re: [linux-audio-dev] 2.4.0test5-pre4-lowlat latenciesbenchmarked, 2.2.16+Ingo's LL patch = strange behaviour

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] 2.4.0test5-pre4-lowlat latenciesbenchmarked, 2.2.16+Ingo's LL patch = strange behaviour
From: Iain Sandoe (iain_AT_sandoe.co.uk)
Date: Thu Jul 27 2000 - 11:24:08 EEST

I wrote:

> Wed, Jul 26, 2000, Roger Larsson wrote:
>> Iain Sandoe wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Andrew,
> [big snip]
>>> with ints enabled so the actual time is not logged at present). I could
>>> (reasonably easily) check that particular situation... I already know it's
>>> not page_hash-ing (which does occur with ints disabled).
>>>
>>> Out of the office today (on paid work :) so ponder this in spare moments..
>>> Iain.
>>
>> It can be an interrupt that triggers a bh handler.
>
> I'm monitoring the bh stuff (softirq/false IRQ) and it doesn't show there...
> (but I will check I've got the code linkage right)...

**sigh** I was _very_ tired last night....

Of course, I'm talking rubbish, I am __only__ monitoring IRQ blocking - not
times when there is kernel code running with unblocked IRQs.

**another sigh** I wonder if anyone has ported TIMEPEGS to LinuxPPC? (I
already asked around a bit - and it doesn't seem so...)

Maybe I'll have a go - but not for a couple of weeks...

Iain.