Re: [linux-audio-dev] Theater Sound FX with Linux [was Re: playing three sources at one time]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Theater Sound FX with Linux [was Re: playing three sources at one time]
From: Richard A. Smith (rsmith_AT_bitworks.com)
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 19:29:25 EEST

On Sat, 22 Jul 2000 01:44:38 +0300, Juhana Sadeharju wrote:

>>From: David Olofson <david_AT_gardena.net>
>>
>>On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, J”rn Nettingsmeier wrote:
>>> has anyone used a linux box for theater sound effects ?
>>> i think this might be a very useful thing. it should feature
>>> "instant play", i.e. buffer the beginnings (ok, i know some shithead
>>> has patents on that) and mix an arbitrary number of samples of
>>
>>EVO?
>
>Is it Vaporware?

As one of the project coordinators/developers I can assure you its still vaporware. *grin*

We have a sourceforge project setup but I have been away the past week and didn't really
have any time to mess with it. Although Mike has done a lot but its not yet posted at
sourceforge. I will post an announcement here when I get the mailing list fully setup and
we get some webpages up on the specifications and what the proposed interface will look
like.

--
Richard A. Smith                         Bitworks, Inc.
rsmith_AT_bitworks.com               501.846.5777