Re: [linux-audio-dev] quasimodo/csound opcodes

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] quasimodo/csound opcodes
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 01:24:22 EEST

>From: Stephane Conversy <Stephane.Conversy_AT_lri.fr>
>
>http://www-ihm.lri.fr/~conversy/q2ladspa.tar.gz
>
>butter.so* harmon.so* lowpassr.so* rtsin.so* svfilter.so*
>dam.so* hilbert.so* resonz.so* spatializer2D.so* ugens5.so*
>flanger.so* lfo.so* rtline.so* streson.so* wrap.so*

OK, I see it! It comes times that there are only binary plug-ins available.
As happened with sunsite years ago, can happen here: sunsite provided only
precompiled binaries and developers had to search for sources with dogs.
And only some of the binaries ever worked because they expected old
libraries.

And hey, I have not talked about ms-dog style executable habits yet....
We start seeing binary distributions only, because it is so easy to slip
out of GNU mentality to ms-dog style wanna-be-rich-shareware or they-might-
steal-my-code grazyness.

Juhana