Re: [linux-audio-dev] TTurtle Beach Tahiti

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] TTurtle Beach Tahiti
From: motet_AT_zoom.co.uk
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 19:08:32 EEST

Quoting Dustin Barlow <dbarlow_AT_dustinbarlow.net>:

> Has anyone gotten a Turtle Beach Tahiti card working in
Linux?
> The
> Tahiti is basically a Monterey (sp?) without the synth
chip...ie
6
> months ago
> using Alsa, but was unsuccessful because the docs claimed
that
> Tahiti
> wasn't supported, but the Monterey was.
>
> I really like to use it in a Madrake 7.1 linux box I just
built
> because
> it has wonderfully clean DACs. I'm just wondering if
anyone else
> has
> been succesful or not so that I don't waste a bunch of
time trying
> to do
> the "impossible".
>
> I would also love it if Korg would release their specs on
the Korg
> 1212
> I/O card that I also have that only works in Windows right
now :{
> guess I can dream..
>
> ~Db

I know *just* what you mean!!! I've spent the last couple of
months since I installed Mandrake 7.0 battling with trying
to get it to recognise my Turtle Beach Pinnacle. So far i'm
just about there - part of the key was to download another
module for it written by a developer - I got to it through
linuxsound.at but I think its on the rpmfind site - you
might find others for the Tahiti there... I've since had to
tweak a couple of things in etc/conf.modules - am just about
to do the final tweak and see if it copes ok!

Know what you mean about the Korg 1212.. I had my heart set
on one of those ... until I found out it wasnt supported yet
in linux.... :-(

Best wishes,

Miriam Rainsford,
composer