RE: [linux-audio-dev] an open letter to Linus re: low latency

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] an open letter to Linus re: low latency
From: Garth Brantley (garth_AT_fullduplex.com)
Date: Fri Jun 23 2000 - 16:59:28 EEST

    I think the really big underlying problem here is that neither the
architecture of the personal computer or current network topology are well
suited to handling realtime data/proccessing. It occurrs to me that the
determining decisions were made long before Linus's time. Maybe instead of
adopting audio I/O cards and standardizing the ASIO interface for all this
time, we should have been standardizing a DSP card architecture & software
tools to develop for it. Just a thought.

 -Garth