[linux-audio-dev] kernel 2.4.0-test2 latencies benchmarked ... (still bad)

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] kernel 2.4.0-test2 latencies benchmarked ... (still bad)
From: Benno Senoner (sbenno_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Sun Jun 25 2000 - 00:23:33 EEST

Hi folks,
I've just benchmarked low-latency behaviour of kernel 2.4.0-test2

what should I say: although a bit better than standard 2.2.x kernels
not much has changed (still worst case latencies around 100msec).
(judging from the graphs, disk I/O throughput compared to 2.2.x ,
is lower too, but that is another issue)

see the graphs here:

http://www.gardena.net/benno/linux/audio/2.4.0-test2/3x256.html

for comparison same box on 2.2.10 + Ingo's low latency patches:
http://www.gardena.net/benno/linux/audio/audio3x128-cpu80/3x128.html

this kernel delivers up to 60times lower latencies than 2-4.0-test2 (100msec vs
1.5ms ) :-)

Benno.

--
Benno Senoner