Re: [linux-audio-dev] testing the waters

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] testing the waters
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Tue Jun 27 2000 - 17:53:22 EEST

Joe Miklojcik wrote:

> ..."Linux
> Audio Distro" has been on my list of pipe dreams for more than a year now.
> I know at least five little studios and one big one that would probably love
> the current state of the art in Linux Audio software, unfinished as it may
> be, but can't get there because one of the barriers to entry is getting
> everything compiled and installed.

Shameless self-promotion:

  A CD is included with my book. It includes almost every application
profiled, as well as a larger collection of software culled from my Web
site. Altogether, ~100 apps are included. For more information see the
advert at http://www.nostarch.com for The Book Of Linux Music & Sound.
Unfortunately the disc does not include a Linux distro: perhaps a 2nd
edition will do so, or perhaps the existing collection can form an
applications nucleus for an audio-optimized distro ?

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        http://www.bright.net/~dlphilp/index.html
        http://www.bright.net/~dlphilp/linuxsound/