Re: [linux-audio-dev] ppc linux audio (was:re: thanks for you inputs...)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ppc linux audio (was:re: thanks for you inputs...)
From: Tom Pincince (stillone_AT_snowcrest.net)
Date: Wed Jun 28 2000 - 21:07:47 EEST

The activity on this site is so heady that it is meaningless for most
musicians to pay any attention. I'm probably not the only one who does,
but it might be hard to fill a small room with all of us. As computer
based multimedia becomes more prevelant in society, any desktop computer
platform that has no offerings in this area will be left in the dust, so
you might as well pursue this regardless of the current percieved need.

One thing that is big on my wish list is a silent computer. I have
heard that iMacs don't use a fan. A daw based on pentiums can never be
fanless, but maybe a ppc based system could. Add to that an internal hd
that can be spun down after booting and a connector that allows the
recording hd's to be external and stashed in a closet, and I think you
would have a winner.

Tom