Re: [linux-audio-dev] Gigasampler Clone

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Gigasampler Clone
From: Joe Miklojcik (jmik_AT_nbcs.rutgers.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 29 2000 - 19:39:42 EEST

"Richard A. Smith" wrote:

> Anybody know of a gigasampler clone for Linux?
>
> If not is anyone interested in writeing one?

It's certainly worth writing. It would be nice if it were integrated
into quasimodo (www.quasimodo.org) or some other carefully written
software synth that runs on Linux.

I believe there are pattent issues associated with gigasampler's
preloading techniques for streaming the samples from disk. I don't
remember what the consensus was on whether these patents were easily
challenged, or what. Check the linux-audio-dev archives.

----
Joe Miklojcik