Re: [linux-audio-dev] Gigasampler Clone

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Gigasampler Clone
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Thu Jun 29 2000 - 22:44:16 EEST

>From: "Archer Sully" <archer_AT_meer.net>
>
>SGI shipped a software synth that worked in a similar fashion in late '95
>or early '96.

Maybe we should aks from SGI?

The patent is 5811706 (May 1997) and its continuation 6008446 (Jun 1998).
(Is the continuation a way to increase the patent life time? I.e., keep
refreshing the patent with small or no changes.)

Use "http://www.uspto.gov/patft" instead because you may download
full tiff images from there. IBM lets you download badly scaled gifs
or buy the tiffs. A script to download patents can be found from
"http://www.tothink.com/pat2pdf". I have a version which saves the tiffs
only and doesn't require ghostscript: "http://www.funet.fi/~kouhia/
getpat.txt".

Juhana