Re: [linux-audio-dev] Gigasampler Clone

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Gigasampler Clone
From: Richard A. Smith (rsmith_AT_bitworks.com)
Date: Fri Jun 30 2000 - 18:53:08 EEST

On Fri, 30 Jun 2000 17:55:26 +0300, Juhana Sadeharju wrote:

>The Gigasampler idea is **patented**. Do you mean we explicitly
>want violate the patent? I'm ready to take the risk, but a court

Absolutly. The patent is bogus and deserves to be challenged.

>case would take all your money. They would need only to threaten you...

Man I can't tell you how much it would please me to have a "cease and desist" letter in my
name. I would frame it. *grin*

A court case like this would generate lots of interest from several groups who are against
patents such as this one. I don't think I would have to look far for help.

But I suggest we talk no more of this... Cross that bridge when and if we reach it.

Gotta have something first before you can violate a patent.

Lets start hashing out a framework. Right now I haven't even the foggiest clue. Pointers
for reading and suggestions would be very helpful.

--
Richard A. Smith                         Bitworks, Inc.
rsmith_AT_bitworks.com               501.846.5777