Re: [linux-audio-dev] Gigasampler Clone

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Gigasampler Clone
From: Maurizio De Cecco (maurizio_AT_mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Fri Jun 30 2000 - 19:22:00 EEST

Paul Barton-Davis <pbd_AT_Op.Net> writes:

> >>Then its more or less useless in comparison to Gigasampler.
> >
> >The Gigasampler idea is **patented**. Do you mean we explicitly
> >want violate the patent? I'm ready to take the risk, but a court
> >case would take all your money. They would need only to threaten you...
>
> they have no patents on anything, i believe, except the "read a few
> seconds into memory" idea.

By the way, i know of at least one disk based samplerimplemented before
the Gigasampler came out; it was based on dedicated hardware, but the
idea was absolutely the same; i don't know if the thing was ever
discussed in pubblic ...

If it can be usefull, i may be able to find it out ..

Maurizio

--
Maurizio De Cecco
MandrakeSoft 		http://www.mandrakesoft.com/