RE: Buffer allocation (was Re: [linux-audio-dev] MuCoS, Glame, API Issues)

Subject: RE: Buffer allocation (was Re: [linux-audio-dev] MuCoS, Glame, API Issues)
From: Richard W.E. Furse (richard_AT_muse.demon.co.uk)
Date: to maalis 09 2000 - 08:46:55 EST

The idea is very much that the host can do this any damn way it likes. Some
systems may wish to use graphs, some may wish to have a single plugin
'insert point' or signal chain. Some may wish to use plugins in-place for
cache-hit simplicity, some may not because of forked routing issues or just
to keep things simple.

The idea is that the plugin API itself does NOT specify any of these
things, it just provides an interface so the host can tell the plugin to
read some floats from somewhere and write some more somewhere else.

There is no LADSPA host source code and never will be. Long live the LADSPA
host!

-- Richard