Re: [linux-audio-dev] New LADSPA Version - Issues Resolved?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] New LADSPA Version - Issues Resolved?
From: Richard Guenther (richard.guenther_AT_student.uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: to maalis 09 2000 - 08:14:52 EST

On 9 Mar 2000, Jarno Seppanen wrote:

> "Richard W.E. Furse" <richard_AT_muse.demon.co.uk> writes:
>
> > If (*IF*) it's alright as it stands I suggest we ruminate on it for a week
> > or two and then formalise it. That's subject to anything popping up from
> > Steinberg of course...
>
> I would suggest not to "standardize" the API before it has been found useful
> and effective in (prototype) applications. I would guess that there ARE still
> issues which will only pop out when starting to use the interface and write
> programs for it.

There surely will pop up issues with the API. They did for glame - and
this is the reason one can expect a major overhaul of the interior design
of the glame API.

Another question regarding to the pulgin API or the general structure of
supported networks: How can one handle feedback
- inside a plugin (without copying to a "local" buffer)
- from different plugins, i.e. plugin 2s output is fed back to plugin 1s
  input?

Have a look at
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/glame/src/filter/echo.c?rev=1.9&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&cvsroot=glame
for how to create an echo effect (i.e. internal feedback) with the glame
framework without the need to copy any data (apart from copies needed to
do modifications, of course).

Richard.