Re: [linux-audio-dev] Quasimodo (Was: Re: LADSPA GUI)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Quasimodo (Was: Re: LADSPA GUI)
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: pe maalis 10 2000 - 15:47:21 EST

>> Quasimodo. Its limitations at a deep level right now are just 2, as
>> far as I am aware:
>> (SNIP)... secondly, you
>> can't connect a control signal to an audio socket, because control
>> signals are represented by scalar values and audio sockets by arrays.
>
>Does Q have an implementation of csound's upsamp and interp opcodes?
>Or something that does a similar job? If so, this isn't such a
>severe limitation at all. Although you couldn't unplug an audio
>signal and plug in a control signal while running, you'd have to
>change the module code, right?

Nope. Patching in Quasimodo is (currently) done by direct run-time
editing of the patched-to module. We alter the memory references in
the patched-to module so that its use of what it think are "its"
variables are actually uses of the patch-from module's variables.
This occurs at the machine level, and no opcode or any other code at
any level can do conversion.

--p