Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Quasimodo (Was: Re: LADSPA GUI)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Quasimodo (Was: Re: LADSPA GUI)
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: pe maalis 10 2000 - 23:07:02 EST

>I think the Quasimodo opcode plugin API is good. I think Csound's is good
>for its day. It's just that it's fiddly to make them compatible with MN
>because they're not light-weight. I'm still hoping to find time to write a
>wrapper to let MN load Quasimodo plugins but this will be considerably
>harder than supporting LADSPA.

If you mean the opcodes, don't spend any time on this. If and when we
get LADSPA all settled, I will personally port every opcode in
Quasimodo to be a LADSPA plugin.

The modules will be *really* hard because they require an
intepreter/compiler to convert them into executable format. Any
program that can load them, in some very real sense, *is* quasimodo :)

--p