Re: [linux-audio-dev] FYI: current ardour screen shot

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] FYI: current ardour screen shot
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Sun Mar 12 2000 - 21:49:34 EST

>do you think you - or somebody else - will be able to tweak
>ardour to be usable with, say, 2 el cheapo soundcards ?
>(just ditch the sync problems for now...)

Ardour uses a C++ object named ALSA::MultiChannelDevice.

If you can write the code to use multiple devices and still present
the API offered by this object, it will work.

>the cvs and library stuff required frightened me a bit. when
>can us mortals expect first ftp'able versions ?

Not for some time. I see no point in spending my time dealing with
patch creation etc. when I can just tell people "update from CVS".
And believe me, there's patches coming thick and fast on this thing.

--p