Re: [linux-audio-dev] MIDI-controllers?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] MIDI-controllers?
From: Karl W. MacMillan (karlmac_AT_peabody.jhu.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 17:59:51 EST

Depending on what you are after you might take a look at the basic stamp
manufactured by parallax:

http://64.27.84.239/

Not sure why their web server is returning an ip - the address is
www.parallax.com. Anyway, they are programmable microcontrollers that
allow you to, with a little soldering and programming, convert voltage to
midi. The programming language is straightforward, each chip has 16
in/out, and they are about $30-50 (American dollars).

Karl

On Wed, 15 Mar 2000, Juhana Sadeharju wrote:

> Hello.
>
> What would be involved for making own MIDI-controller?
> I know there are reasonable commercial MIDI-controllers but
> they are always missing something.
>
> Can such system be build on a "vero"-board (a board with metal strips
> with full of holes) or is a special board needed?
>
> Juhana

| Karl W. MacMillan |
| Peabody Institute of the Johns Hopkins University |
| Network and Telecommunications Services |
| karlmac_AT_peabody.jhu.edu |
| 410/659-8297 |