Re: [linux-audio-dev] RFC: reply-to address default to LAD (was: Re: Reply-To)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] RFC: reply-to address default to LAD (was: Re: Reply-To)
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Thu Mar 16 2000 - 15:41:26 EST

>From: Juhana Sadeharju <kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi>
>
>>as james suggested, i would propose to ask the list maintainer to
>>have the "reply-to:" address default to
>
>I'm against. Linux-audi-dev goes to Cc-field automatically and it is
>very easy to edit the headers.
>
>It is annoying in some mailing list that I have to search and find the
>sender's address when I really need to send the mail to sender.

I had to quit quickly but wanted to add following:
when I reply to those mailing lists which use Reply-to field,
the response is sent twice, both in To and Cc field. To avoid that
I have always edited the headers.

Because I have always succeeded to include linux-audio-dev automatically,
I wonder if people have set their mailing programs correctly? In that
case using reply-to field would be a global solution to a local problem.
And I know there are brain damaged MS Windows based mail programs...

Well, do what you want. I will check manuals if I'm able to configure
the mail program I use for my taste...

Juhana