Re: [linux-audio-dev] RFC: reply-to address default to LAD (was: Re: Reply-To)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] RFC: reply-to address default to LAD (was: Re: Reply-To)
From: James McCartney (asynth_AT_io.com)
Date: Thu Mar 16 2000 - 16:44:33 EST

on 3/16/00 2:41 PM, Juhana Sadeharju at kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi wrote:

>> From: Juhana Sadeharju <kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi>
>>
>>> as james suggested, i would propose to ask the list maintainer to
>>> have the "reply-to:" address default to
>>
>> I'm against. Linux-audi-dev goes to Cc-field automatically and it is
>> very easy to edit the headers.
>>
>> It is annoying in some mailing list that I have to search and find the
>> sender's address when I really need to send the mail to sender.
>
> I had to quit quickly but wanted to add following:
> when I reply to those mailing lists which use Reply-to field,
> the response is sent twice, both in To and Cc field. To avoid that
> I have always edited the headers.
>
> Because I have always succeeded to include linux-audio-dev automatically,
> I wonder if people have set their mailing programs correctly? In that
> case using reply-to field would be a global solution to a local problem.

Uhhh.. I got two copies of this. You were saying?

> In that
> case using reply-to field would be a global solution to a local problem.
> And I know there are brain damaged MS Windows based mail programs...

Some of us have no choice but to use a brain dead program.
So we're just screwed then? Just too bad we aren't reading this with pine or
whatever, that it? :-)

It is just as brain dead to get two copies of every reply.
That's not caused on my end..

--- james mccartney james_AT_audiosynth.com <http://www.audiosynth.com>
SuperCollider - a real time synthesis programming language for the PowerMac.
<ftp://www.audiosynth.com/pub/updates/SC2.2.7.sea.hqx>