Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA GUI Issues

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA GUI Issues
From: James McCartney (asynth_AT_io.com)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 19:34:46 EET

on 3/22/00 9:42 AM, Iain Sandoe at iain_AT_sandoe.co.uk wrote:

> 2/ It must be possible for scientific (e.g. instrumentation type apps) to
> know explicitly what the signal range refers to in some absolute units.

IMO using anything *other* than real units for all quantities is a bad
design. I think trying to scale everything into artificial ranges is
misguided and complicates any normal mathematics. Nearly all SC unit
generators have a scale and offset on their output to scale quantities into
the proper units if necessary. If these are not used they do not take any
CPU.

--- james mccartney james_AT_audiosynth.com <http://www.audiosynth.com>
SuperCollider - a real time synthesis programming language for the PowerMac.
<ftp://www.audiosynth.com/pub/updates/SC2.2.7.sea.hqx>