Re: [linux-audio-dev] No IPC in LADSPA?!

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] No IPC in LADSPA?!
From: Erik Steffl (esteffl_AT_pbi.net)
Date: Mon Mar 27 2000 - 21:36:39 EEST

  I was disappointed too when I found out. the workaround would be to
write a proxy host that would take care of IPC... I was hoping to find
sort of X for sound - network transparent communication protocol that
would allow you to pass (stream) various kinds of data... is there any
such project out there? I know there are specific streaming solutions
but I am most interested in combination of network transparent streaming
with audio processing (kinda like network transparent LADSPA)

  note that networking does'nt have to add that much overhead if you're
not using it, for example X uses IPC, but if you're on the same host it
cicumvents it (without clients having to care for that).

        erik