Re: [linux-audio-dev] an interesting idea/point/issue from vst-land

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] an interesting idea/point/issue from vst-land
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Mon Mar 27 2000 - 22:22:52 EEST

In message <01BF9823.02EB0FE0_AT_bartman.plc.psion.com>you write:
>Interesting idea, but when will the reverb KNOW that is is done? One can

Hmm. Interesting point. I was about to rush off with a very rapid
answer, but I realized that really is non-trivial to determine
this. The only "correct" answer is the one that we don't want: the
host has to tell the plugins "i'm about to finish calling all of you,
does anyone have any objections", at which point, the reverb would say
"hmm, looks like we pre-computed a delay of 1.3737383 seconds until a
maximal sample value would decay to an effectively silent level, so
yes, please keep going".

I don't know if there any way to fit this into the new functions you
added for pre-run and post-run stuff, would it ?

--p