RE: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA with dynamic datatype and multichannel support released !!

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA with dynamic datatype and multichannel support released !!
From: Benno Senoner (sbenno_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 00:12:33 EEST

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000, Richard W.E. Furse wrote:
> Some potentially good stuff, although it needs some work.

can you please explain briefly what you like/ do not like on my extensions ?

> However, I think what Benno is doing is unhelpful and discourteous (if not
> illegal - my Copyright law is rusty). The current version of LADSPA is
> available at http://www.muse.demon.co.uk/ladspa.html and does not include
> these modifications.

Do you think really that 30-40hours of planning, coding and debugging is
"unhelpful and discourteous" ? Wat did I wrong , adding my name to the
authors?
 :-)

I never said that my version of LADSPA is going to be the new official API.
This was more as a request for comment (RFC) for peer review. It provides a
working implementation of the concept, because we tend to discuss too long
about specific topics (for months) untils some working code gets written.

Anyway the goal of LADSPA is a GPLed , free plugin-api, therefore I don't
see any reason why it should be illegal what I have done.

Anyway let's redirect the flames to /dev/null , better to use our time to do
actual coding.

Still waiting for more technical comments addtional people on this list.

cheers,
Benno.