[linux-audio-dev] orphans

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] orphans
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 19:49:15 EEST

Greetings:

  Erik Castro De Lopo recently emailed me concerning his revivification
of the vsound program. He mentioned that I might want to draw
developers' attention to a number of "orphaned" projects that could
really use new maintainers. So, in no particular order, here are some
projects I think could use a hand:

    Green Box (good groove box/drum machine)
    KWave (nice soundfile editor)
    Bio (NoTAM DSP software, needs its play function fixed)

  I also just want to reiterate what I'd like to see in some of my
favorites:

    Snd (a drop-down menu of DSP functions [I know I sound like a broken
record on this one, but it's so close to being perfect!])
    MiXViews (a tracking cursor would make this one just about perfect
too)
    Common Music Notation (a GUI front-end)
    Freebirth (a file save function is sorely missed)

  Just some random thoughts to break up the LADSPA discussion a bit...
;)

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        http://www.bright.net/~dlphilp/index.html