Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Finalisation Deadline

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Finalisation Deadline
From: David Olofson (david_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2000 - 07:47:54 EEST

On Sun, 26 Mar 2000, Karl W. MacMillan wrote:
> > Transmission lines between plug-ins transmit byte streams, so, anything
> > can go through.
> >

> In the normal case nothing is transmitted - the ports point to a buffer
> created by the host. It is important to remember that the host has to
> create the buffers. Assuming the plugin says that it can't process data
> in place and uses a format smaller than the largest format known to the
> host I guess things could be made to work. What is the plan for handling
> these buffers - it all seems so messy to me.

With my suggestion, part of the 32 bit data type descriptor holds the
byte size of one element. With Benno's proposal, you can calculate
the same information from the BitAlign field, if I understod it
correctly.

//David

| A Free/Open Multimedia | | Audio Hacker |
`------------> http://www.linuxdj.com/mucos -' | Open Source Advocate |
| Rock Solid Low Latency Signal Processing | | Songwriter |
`---> http://www.angelfire.com/or/audiality -' `-> david_AT_linuxdj.com -'