Re: [linux-audio-dev] [OT] does anyone know what stricmp() does ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [OT] does anyone know what stricmp() does ?
From: Audin Malmin (amalmin_AT_halcyon.com)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2000 - 01:12:30 EEST

On Wed, Mar 29, 2000 at 02:17:26PM -0800, Erik Steffl wrote:
> I think those are function comparing strings that ignore case... (seem
> to remember that from borland docs).
>
> man on solaris (gcc) says: strcmp (ignores case) and strcasecmp (case
> sensitive comparison)... I gues stricmp is dos/windows 'extension' (or
> older standard?).

        Did you get those backwards or are the Linux (GNU, maybe?) man pages
wrong?

[amalmin_AT_skaro amalmin]$ man strcasecmp

STRCASECMP(3) Linux Programmer's Manual STRCASECMP(3)

NAME
       strcasecmp, strncasecmp - compare two strings ignoring case

[amalmin_AT_skaro amalmin]$ man strcmp

STRCMP(3) Linux Programmer's Manual STRCMP(3)

NAME
       strcmp, strncmp - compare two strings

--
                                            Audin Malmin - amalmin_AT_halcyon.com