Re: [linux-audio-dev] [OT] kernel upgrade

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [OT] kernel upgrade
From: Erik Steffl (esteffl_AT_pbi.net)
Date: Fri Mar 31 2000 - 01:00:11 EEST

from:

http://linuxwww.db.erau.edu/mail_archives/linux-kernel/Aug_99/4403.html

-------------------------
On Mon, 30 Aug 1999, Robert Dinse wrote:

> Could someone tell me where the low latency patch can be obtained, and
> if it can be applied to 2.2.12, or is strictly a 2.3.x thing?

currently it's a 2.2 thing, the (not yet clean version of the) patch can
be downloaded from Benno's site:

---=>
See the testresults here:
http://www.gardena.net/benno/linux/audio/2.2.10-n6b/index.html

You can get the patch here:
http://www.gardena.net/benno/linux/audio/patches/lowlatency-2.2.10-N6B.patch
<=---

i'll try to merge this into 2.3 as well.

-- mingo

  it's not the latest info but I guess the patches can be applied
against 2.2.14

  I don't know much about changes in latest stable kernel other then
that 2.2.14 supports IDE disks bigger then 33GB (I have 40GB matrox, the
first pc I worked on had 40MB (or was it 20MB?) and I was wondering what
am I gonna do with all that space).

        erik