Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Finalisation Deadline

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Finalisation Deadline
From: Erik Steffl (esteffl_AT_pbi.net)
Date: Fri Mar 31 2000 - 02:46:44 EEST

Juhana Sadeharju wrote:
> Task of making sure the plug-ins fits together is of a flow network
> builder, not the engine's. Therefore we could use strings for the types
> in case one wants to add new types without the need to update LADSPA.

  or a generic type description is used and you never have to update
LADSPA:-) [for reasons of adding new type, in addition you generally
don't have to write convertor either]

  host can automatically convert the data as needed (yes it's expensive
and should be avoided but it should be possible, remember moore law?, in
some cases it might be LESS epxensive then having only one data type!)

        erik