Re: [linux-audio-dev] ceres2w

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ceres2w
From: Erik Steffl (esteffl_AT_pbi.net)
Date: Mon May 01 2000 - 18:34:16 EEST

Paul Winkler wrote:
> I don't know why I didn't find it before, but rpm -qpa on the
> lesstif package reveals that it *does* have libXm.so.1, just not
> anywhere I ever would have thought of looking for it. :) Did
> ln -s /usr/X11R6/LessTif/Motif1.2/lib/libXm.so.1
> /usr/X11R6/lib/libXm.so.1
> and ceres2w now starts.

  in a cases like this a find that 'find' command is a real sanity
saviour - I use just simple: find / -name 'libXm*' -print (on linux
-print is not neccessary) to make sure what's where. locate is usefull
too, but you have to be aware when was updatedb ran for the last time.

> Thanks again, and I'll try to stay calm next time... and I'll try to
> avoid needing to install software 1 hour before I need to finish
> some sound effects I promised to a friend who's directing a play! (I
> needed a "satanic roaring noise"

  :-) in cases like this I find that cat </dev/dsp >
satanic_roaring_noise is good enough . the nearer the deadline, the more
satanic roar :-)

        erik