[linux-audio-dev] compiling Mix

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] compiling Mix
From: Guenter Geiger (geiger_AT_epy.co.at)
Date: Tue May 02 2000 - 09:54:11 EEST

Hi Paul !

The problem is, that the linker can't find libXm (the Motif library).
This should be trapped by the configure script, if you look at
configures output there should be a line

checking for main in -lXm... no

it the happily goes on instead of writing out a warning, so
after all it's a bug in the my "configure" setup.

To get around it, make sure lesstif is installed properly
(Do you have a file /usr/X11R6/lib/libXm.so ?)

If you don't have any libXm.* file, then lesstif is missing from your
system.

After being sure that libXm is there, rm config.cache from your mix
directory, and rerun configure.

Guenter

(I for myself will make sure that configure will write out meaningful
warnings)