Re: [linux-audio-dev] Alternate MIDI controller idea (patent fodder?)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Alternate MIDI controller idea (patent fodder?)
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 00:26:04 EEST

>From: David Slomin <david.slomin_AT_av.com>
>
>I'm sure many of you have seen a "ribbon controller" before.

Please tell me more. Where do I find them?

>The improvement I have in mind is keeping a little row of LEDs
>or a single long LCD that parallels the LFSR. They would illuminate
>the most recent position, acting as a virtual nib. This allows you
>to both jump and glide freely without giving it your full attention.

Yamaha has a patent on such system. But there have been "touch faders"
earlier but I'm still in progress to find more details on them.

My document deals very much about patented technologies.
I tried to put it available today but no luck -- a friend was in movie.

>are under a buck apiece. (The LCD would be much cheaper to mass

LCD is not good. Bright LEDs are better.

Juhana