RE: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Update, New Project (CMT) & HelpRequested

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Update, New Project (CMT) & HelpRequested
From: David Benson (daveb_AT_idealab.com)
Date: Mon May 08 2000 - 08:10:41 EEST

On Mon, 8 May 2000, Richard W.E. Furse wrote:

> The underlying logic was that the ladspa_descriptor() function returns a
> handle to a static/global plugin descriptor. Unfortunately this isn't
> explicit in the header. For a more purist approach, _init() and _fini() are
> the places to handle malloc() and free() for the structures required.
> Although I don't seem able to build with _init() - clashes with crti
> library apparently. I'm probably doing something stupid (any ideas?) - once
> I've sorted this out I'll update the example plugins & CMT to make this
> clearer.

add -c to the compile/link line.
(_init from libcrti usually invokes main()...)

also, it'd be nice to add to the .h file something about how
hosts should invoke this function if the standard implementation
doesn't do so ... that way the same plugins have a prayer of
compiling under windows [even though the hosts need different loaders]

and plugin authors can know it is really ok to use these.

- Dave